There is much concern about the increasing Amazon Scams. These are commonly phishing scams where the victim is asked to make a payment or enter personal details.
These may be:
- Stating that an Amazon payment detail needs updating
- An order needs confirming
- The use of Amazon gift card scamming – these can take many forms including a request to pay for an unpaid debt with a gift card or one is given as a reward for completing a survey.
Protect yourself from these by:
- Never providing personal data over the phone
- Always check the URL (website address)
- Do not click on links in suspicious emails
- Use different passwords for all your accounts
- Use 2FA (two factor authentication) to log into your accounts
- Do not pay individuals with a gift card
- Do not buy from a third party website
- Install good antivirus software